The Buckingham School’s House system gives a real sense of belonging, and it allows students to develop important and personal relationships. Through the house system, the school provides a structure that encourages students to achieve the best they can as individuals by participating in a wide range of inter-house events.
Each house has its own identity – its own house tie which clearly maintains the school colours and logo but also highlights and shows which House each student represents. Students have nominated and selected a chosen charity for their own House fundraising activities.
Click on the house links below to read more about the athletes who the houses are named after:
- Daley House: Colour - Blue - Named after the swimmer Tom Daley
- Rutherford House: Colour - Yellow - Named after the long jumper Greg Rutherford
- Farah House: Colour - Green - Named after the runner Mo Farah
- Ennis House: Colour - Purple - Named after the athlete Jessica Ennis
- Murray House: Colour - Black - Named after the tennis player Andy Murray
- Simmonds House: Colour - Red - Named after the swimmer Ellie Simmonds
- Button House: Colour - Orange - Named after the racing driver Jenson Button
Students raise funds for local and national charities within their Houses. They have supported The British Legion through their Poppy Appeal and also Cancer Research UK; Macmillan; Children in Need and Comic Relief amongst others.
If students would like to raise money for a particular charity please speak to Mr Mandel in the first instance.